Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day is January 28, 2019
It’s been more than 60 years since Alfred Fielding and Marc Chavannes found a way to seal pockets of air between two plastic shower curtains to create a three-dimensional pattern of tiny bubbles.
Their failed attempt to create the newest groovy trend in wallpaper became the world’s first engineered protective packaging material. We know (and love) that you have a special relationship with Bubble Wrap®. Whether you're packing breakables into moving boxes or popping it for stress relief, there's nothing like the one, the only, the original Bubble Wrap.
Show us how you celebrate by sharing your photos using the hashtag #BubbleWrapDay!
Videos: Bubble Wrap Everywhere
Bubble Wrap News & Updates
- The Accidental Invention of Bubble Wrap
- Bubble Wrap clothing? See London Fashion Week designer Craig Green's looks
- Did you know Bubble Wrap was invented right here in Hawthorne?
- A university is giving students Bubble Wrap for stress relief
- It's poppin' on Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
- Why Popping Bubble Wrap is SO. DARN. SATISFYING
- Express Your Love for Bubble Wrap
- Happy Birthday, Bubble Wrap! Celebrating 60 Years of Innovation
- How Do You Pop Bubble Wrap?
- Bubble Wrap Bursts Onto Scene as Toy Hall of Fame Nominee
- Read about the history of Bubble Wrap