Let's Talk Turkey!
Did you know...
Around 220 million turkeys are eaten in the U.S. every year.
44 million of those are consumed at Thanksgiving.
Sealed Air has packaged more than 2.2 billion turkeys since 1946 when the Cryovac L-bag was introduced.
U.S. consumers will purchase 736+ million pounds of turkey this Thanksgiving.
- In 1974, the National Turkey Federation started giving a holiday turkey to the U.S. president. Sealed Air has helped create the packaging and design for this more than 35 times.
Thanksgiving Food Waste
- This Thanksgiving, 200 million pounds of meat will be thrown away.
- The amount of turkey thrown away on Thanksgiving will emit the equivalent of hundreds of thousands of cross-country car trips.
How can you do your part to reduce food waste this Thanksgiving? Find out more at sealedair.com/food-waste
- Talking Turkey: The Serious Business of the Thanksgiving Supply Chain
- Dispelling Food Waste Myths to Protect Our Food Supply
- Podcast on Tackling Food Waste Reduction
- Then and Now: Food and Beverage Innovations that Revolutionized Our Dinner Tables
- Taking Action to Prevent Food Waste and Combat Climate Change
- Celebrating a History of Innovation