Updated: August 24, 2018
A. GENERAL POLICY
Information We Collect
When you use any of the Sites, you may provide to us (and, if so, we will collect) information including your name, e-mail address, telephone number, the country in which you are located, your company name, and your job level (hereinafter “Personal Information”). Below is a description of the types of information we collect through the Sites:
Cookies & Automatically Collected Information: When you visit our Sites, we use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to collect certain information about you. Cookies are small files that websites and email servers place and access on your computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify your browser or device or to store information or settings in your device. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict, disable or delete certain cookies. Please note, however, that without certain cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
Our web servers log information such as your device and operating system type, browser type, domain, device ID, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The web server logs also record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers place and access cookies and collect information automatically, we place tags on our webpages called “web beacons”, which are small files that allow us to understand the actions of visitors to our Sites. We use similar technology in marketing emails we send, which may enable the placing or accessing of cookies, and also enable us to know if you received the email, if the email was opened and if you clicked on any links included in the email.
Third-parties collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different sites when you use our Sites. For example, third-party providers of certain embedded content and tools on our Sites (such as an embedded Twitter or Facebook feed, or an embedded blog commenting system, or any social network that you can use to log in to our Site or to submit information to our Site) collect Personal Information directly from you in connection with your interaction with such content and tools.
Information about your activities on our Sites is collected for use in providing advertising tailored to your individual interests on other websites and online services. You may choose whether to have your information collected for that purpose. We participate in advertising services administered by third-parties. These ad services track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and such ad services may use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests and/or based on prior visits to our Sites. We and our third-party service providers use first-party cookies and third-party cookies alone or together, as well as other automated means, and the data collected through such means and from other sources to: (i) inform, optimize, and serve ads (including ads based on past visits to our Sites), and (ii) report on our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services (including how they are related to visits to our Sites).
You can opt-out of these third-party services any time by visiting our Cookie Consent and Preference portal here.
We use the information we obtain about you when you visit the Sites to:
Process, evaluate, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- Contact you with marketing communications;
- Contact you as necessary to enforce the Terms;
- To aggregate and remove personally identifiable aspects of such data in order to perform data analytics services;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business; and
- Monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
We retain Personal Information only for so long as it is necessary or relevant to fulfill the above-mentioned purposes or comply with applicable law, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or assist with investigations. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain Personal Information, we dispose of it in accordance with our data retention and disposal policies.
Third-Parties with Whom We Share Your Information
Third-Party Service Providers: We engage in transfers of Personal Information collected from you to third-party service providers that we use to support the provision of the Sites and our services. As allowed by applicable law, we may disclose automatically collected and other aggregated information with our third-party service providers, to assist such parties in assisting us in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Sites.
As Required by Law: Subject to applicable law, we disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government entities, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Mergers, Acquisitions & Reorganizations
Your Choices & Preferences
If you would like to update or modify your information or subscription preferences, you may contact us as described in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. You also may unsubscribe from any of our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email you receive from us. Changes made to your profile will be effective once saved into our systems in accordance with our standard procedures for implementing user questions regarding your Personal Information.
How We Protect Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard and protect the security of all data, inclusive of any Personal Information collected by the Company from you through the Sites. It is also important for you to comply with the access controls (e.g., username/password management) and other applicable provisions of the Terms to protect against unauthorized access to the devices you use to access the Sites.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Those websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with us, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
B. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION
Legal Basis for Processing: The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) requires us to explain the legal justification for our use of your information. As described above under the section entitled ‘How We Use the Information We Collect’, we use the information we collect from you for various purposes. We rely on the following legal bases in connection with our processing of such information:
- Processing is necessary to provide a service or feature you request. This includes processing, evaluating, and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications; monitoring compliance with and enforcing our Terms; and providing Site features and functions you use.
- Processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests and we have taken steps to ensure that our interests do not unduly intrude on your privacy. We rely on this justification when we monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; analyze the information we collect to improve performance and better understand the preferences of our customers; develop and improve our marketing materials, and, where permitted, contact you with marketing communications; and to protect our legal rights, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems or assist with investigations.
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as to meet our record-keeping obligations.
- Any purpose for which you actively consent, such as to place non-essential cookies and if you agree that we may contact you with relevant marketing information.
Where we rely on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time by providing notice to us using the contact information below in the section entitled ‘Contact Us’.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside of the EU
We transfer information we collect about you to the United States and other countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided such information. When we transfer your information to countries that are not considered by the European Commission to provide adequate protection, we rely on European Commission-approved agreements in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR to protect your information in the countries to which it is transferred.
Storage Period for Information
We will store the information of individuals in the EU for the following periods:
- Information Collected from Cookies: the cookies we use expire after 13 months, after which we will ask your consent again to place cookies.
- Marketing Preferences: we retain information about your marketing preferences for 3 years from your last interaction with us.
- Customer Service: we retain information about any customer service inquiries for 10 years after the question is resolved.
- Business Transactions: we retain information about transactions with you for 10 years after we terminate our business relationship.
Your Data Subject Rights
You have the right to request that we take any of the following actions with respect to your Personal Information:
- Rectify any of the information about you that is inaccurate;
- Complete any of your Personal Information that is incomplete;
- Erase or restrict the processing of information about you, where we do not have the right to retain or continue using it in light of the circumstances of your request;
- Provide you a copy of the information you have provided us directly in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format that can be transmitted to a third-party (i.e., portability).
You may also object to our use of your information for our legitimate interests as described above. We are not required to comply with your request if we have compelling interests or are legally required to override your request.
C. CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
We do not currently respond to browser 'Do Not Track' signals.
Should you have any complaints regarding the use of Personal Information by us, please contact us using the contact information provided below. For individuals in the EU, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country you reside, work or where you feel an infringement has occurred.
Sealed Air Corporation
Attn: Data Privacy Office
2415 Cascade Pointe Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28208
Phone: (980) 221-3235